2015 in Review
The majority of books I read were probably some form of fantasy / magical realism / sci-fi, but I made an effort to try different genres. On the suggestion of a pen pal of mine, this is the first year I’ve really given graphic novels a chance – and I’m really glad I did! It’s not all BLAM! and POW!, as I’d previously thought.
(For the full list of books I read this year, check out the wrap-up on my Goodreads page!)
Books read in 2015, by genre:
Shortest & Longest Book I read in 2015:
Favorite Books of the Year:
I picked out my favorite 8 (plus 6 honorable mentions) in this post.
My main resolution:
Read for quality, not quantity! I managed to complete my 100 book challenge from last year, but I resented having to gravitate towards shorter books. This year, I’m free to tackle some of the behemoths on my to-be-read list, like Jonathan Norrell & Mr. Strange.
- Finish (or conclusively DNF) the books languishing in my “partly-finished” pile.
- Strive to read backlist books, as per the Backlist Books Reading Challenge (hosted by Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews).
- Read at least 1 classic per month from my Classics Club challenge. That’s the only way I’ll finish the list by 2020.
- Read at least 1 book a month that I already own, as suggested by the #RockMyTBR challenge (hosted by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler).
- For my blog: more discussion posts! I’m aiming for at least 12 discussion posts, one for each month.
I’m hoping these challenges will be simple enough to fit into my schedule. Anyway, I hope everyone’s been having a glorious start to their new year. May your year be full of wonderful surprises!